Sunday 3 November 2013

Feedback on Digipak and Poster;

After being given the feedback from my first draft of the digipak and Poster I now know what things I need to improve on, and what things will help me to get a better grade and make my digipak and poster look more that the genre "pop'.

For the digipak, the plectrum motif didn't fit my genre, which means I needed to dress and style my artist to look like a popstar and fit my genre of music. To improve this popstar/homely look, my artist needed to dress in skinny jeans, leggings, baggy top and/or a knitted jumper. Also EYE CONTACT is a must for any cover. I think something which let me down when doing my digipak was the photos, and the lighting and position of them weren't good enough for a pop digipak.
To help improve this, I started by taking pictures of Izzy against the white screen in the ideal clothing with Sir suggested, and I also had a look at the type of clothes Nina Nesbitt wears on her front covers. We went with the baggy knitted green jumper, polka dot blouse, red tshirt, and a pink/red baggy jump. Just by taking good photos, and styling her hair and make up make her look like a popstar, and with the lighting and white screen as well, we had the ideal photos for our digipak and poster. I also think I need to have a better lay out, and position the photos and writing more in line.

Improvements for the poster is to make it an advert for the album in a magazine, rather than a poster for a tour. I'm going to research into some magazine posters, so I can get ideas from them for my own.

As pop is a hard genre to do, I just need to make sure I'm sticking to the genre, and making sure I do more research into the genre so that I fully understand the difference between the genre pop and another genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment