Monday 11 November 2013

Digipak Research;

After looking at different pop artist's CD covers, I've noticed that they're very simple with bold colours to make it stand out. Some of Rihannas and Katy Perrys are taken with a scenery shot which links in with their videos, they mainly have close up shots of just their faces, making them look "perfect", bright and bold to sell to their target audience, and also attracting the male population. They have also used the same photos, or photos in the same outfit for album/cd posters. This is to help recognise CD covers and also the artist. 

The digipak on the left, I change the opacity on the main picture, and also on the writing, to give it more of a fine and softer look. However the digipak on the right, i've made the photo brighter and also the writing brighter, to make it stand out more, and I also think it looks more professional. 
As we were originally going to use "Way in The world" as the album name, we realised that it was too long, and no other pop artist uses a song from their album as the albums name. I typed in keywords for Nina Nesbitt into google, and the word "Keys" came up, which both me and Sophie liked, and felt it fitted well with our genre. 


Both these album covers inspired me, and helped give me ideas for my own album cover. I noticed that most pop artist, have only the face, or shoulders upwards on the cover, with the writing at the bottom of the page. Rihanna's album theme is red, and if you look at her album 'LOUD' she's used the pinky/red colour throughout, using the white writing to contrast well. This will make her stand out, and its also a bold and eye catching colour. As for Jessie J, she's used black at her theme colour, using gold to contrast with it. They cover has been thought about well, as her Nails, lips, hair, colour and eyes are all black, with the 'Jessie J' in gold at the bottom, making this album cover bold and eye catching. 


This is Jessie J's back cover to her album "Who You Are". I really liked how simple and plain it was, and how well the writing stood out. I've also taken the idea of using the colour from "Keys" and used it on the back cover of my album, like Jessie J has. This writing is clear, and well spaced out. 


For the inside of my digipak i've done a little booklet, which both and Sophie did together. I made the two inside panels plain, and used a good bright colour on the front of the booklet, so it would contrast well against the navy panels. For the inside of the book, I thought that we could use photos where our artist Izzy isn't looking the camera, and make the opacity low, so it looks almost transparent. We've done the lyrics to each song on the album, making it more suitable for our target audience. 


No comments:

Post a Comment