Wednesday 16 October 2013

Initial thoughts on first photo shoot

From looking at the first photo shoot I did with Izzy I am already spotted some points I want to change to improve the photos.

*Firstly the lighting is not light enough. Instead of doing photos in one of the settings for the music video I will take some pictures in front of the white screen. This will mean I will have use of the professional lighting equipment resulting in my pictures being lighter and better quality therefore looking more professional. I will use the white screen in AVS room and have two lights, one left of her and one right of her.

* I will do more close up shots of Izzy. Instead of having her full body in the image and her guitar as I feel this is unnecessary for the digipak images. In most CD artwork there is rarely a picture of a full body shot of the artist. In the next photo shoot I will choose do more close up  posed expressions and some more relaxed poses such as natural smiles or some 'silly' faces. This means I will have more images to choose from and can fill up my 6 panel digipak with a variety of images.


 
This is an image of Nina Nesbitt. This is the type of look/image I am trying to recreate for my digipak. I will dress Izzy in a bold coloured top and then try and find a matching lipstick colour to go with it. The plain white background gives this image a professional look and makes the colours of her makeup and clothing stand out more.  The hairstyle is big and has volume. I can learn to recreate this look by watching this Youtube tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQTT7h83uU0 The expression is quite posy however quite simple. I feel these type of images will make my digipak look more professional than the ones I have just taken in my first photo shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment